WELCOME TO THE CREATIVE EDGE PROJECT
‘A VIEW FROM THE EDGE GIVES THE BEST PERSPECTIVE’
WHAT IS CREATIVE EDGE?
Creative Edge is a project funded by the Northern Periphery Programme (NPP). The main objective of the project is to promote the active participation of local creative organisations and businesses in global markets, while also aiding them in their ability to attract and utilise local emerging creative talent in these markets. The activities of the project enable the further commercialisation, and support the sustainable development, of the creative economy.
CREATIVE EDGE addresses three pillars of the creative economy: PEOPLE, PRODUCTION and PLACE.
CREATIVE PEOPLE generate and develop ideas that evolve into CREATIVE PRODUCTION of creative goods and services. The interaction of creatives in CREATIVE PLACES enhances creativity and innovation.
Creative Edge brings together universities, development agencies and industry bodies from Ireland, Northern Ireland, Finland and Sweden. The project involves five partners, the Whitaker Institute, National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG) and the Western Development Commission (WDC) in the west of Ireland, Craigavon Borough Council, member of South East Economic Development (SEED), in Northern Ireland, Kemi-Tornio University of Applied Sciences (KTUAS) in northern Finland and Film i Vasterbotten (FiV) in northern Sweden. More info
The project activities fall under one or more of the three pillars of the creative economy: PEOPLE, PRODUCTION and PLACE
See our activities page for more information on Creative Edge project activities
NEWS AND UPDATES
- The Creative Hubs Best Practice Manual is now available to download here
- The Creative Edge Policy Toolkit is now available to download here
- Creative Steps: On the Way to an Idea published by KTUAS, editors Anitra Arkko-Saukkonen & Minttu Merivirta. Download here
- Creative Edge Email Bulletin No. 9 is now online
- Creative Edge Newsletter No. 6 is now online
- ONLINE CONSULTATION - Recommendations for Developing Creative Industries in Peripheral Places – Submit your views here by December 12th
- Conference – December 2nd 2013, 11am – 3.30pm - How Creative Industries Contribute to and Shape Peripheral Regions, Societies and Economies, Taibhdhearc na Gaillimhe, Galway. View the conference programme here.
- New publication -Exploring the Extent and Impact of the Creative Economy in Europe’s Rural Regions - Dr Patrick Collins, Dr James Cunningham, Ms Aisling Murtagh & Dr Jenny Dagg, NUIG
- The Creative Edge creative economy mapping is now online! Visit the mapping website here
- Creative Edge Email Bulletin No. 8 is now online
- MyCreativeEdge received 15,000 visits by early October – More info
- Creative Edge Email Bulletin No. 7 is now online
- MyCreativeEdge Talent Voucher deadline extended until September 20th – More info
- Creative Hub information workshops in August in Northern Ireland – More details
- Creative Edge Newsletter No. 5 is now online
- Over 100 profiles on MyCreativeEdge at the end of July! More info
- Creative Edge Email Bulletin No. 6 is now online
- Creative Edge Newsletter No. 4 is now online
- ‘The Creative Showcase for Europe’s Northern Edge’ WDC launches new website to promote the West of Ireland’s creative sector – More info
- Creative Edge Newsletter No. 3 is now online
- Creative Edge Email Bulletin No. 5 is now online
- Sign up, sign up…since June 13th, MyCreativeEdge.eu is live!
- Western Development Commission (WDC) announces it support for four creative companies to attend creative events in Sweden – June 6th - More details
- The count down is on - Creative Summit – June 12th and 13th – More details
- The MyCreativeEdge website, showcasing creative businesses, freelancers and jobseekers is due to launch in early June – sign up to receive more information at: MyCreativeEdge.eu
- Our second newsletter published in May 2013 is online here
- Opportunity to attend Creative Summit and Film Master Class in Sweden in June - Application deadline May 23rd – More details
- The Creative Hub Lurgan launch – March 26th – More details
- Creative Edge project launch – Garry Hynes of Druid Theatre launched the Creative Edge project at the Bank of Ireland Theatre, National University of Ireland, Galway, on November 29th - Read more about the event and watch the launch video
- Our first newsletter published in November 2012 is online here